“Our Life His Mission” contains the following sections:

Our Life : In 'Our Life' we will post what we do, or what our agenda is, to accomplish the humane mission of Swami Vivekananda. This will give us insight of the great work being done in small forms for His work.

His Mission : In this section, we shall publish mostly the flakes Swami Vivekananda's prodigious life and His teachings. With this, we shall also post the life and teachings of Thakur Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sri Maa Sarada Devi and other disciples of Thakur, Maa, Swamiji that will help us to understand our goal in life.

We Speak : In this section, we shall keep posting our day-to-day individual writings, poems etc. Also we shall post blogs, and our views here.

Your Voice : While maintaining this blog and posting on it, we always believe that you have the same credibility to contribute for the task Swami Vivekananda has left for us. We, therefore, request you to write on Swami Vivekananda and His message, or anything else that can bring out a positive feeling, and send the article to ourlifehismission@gmail.com. Your article will be published post review and you will be sent an e-mail post publication. Kindly include the following detail while sending an article:
E-mail Subject: Your Voice
Your Name, place and occupation.
A name of the subject.
You can also give us feedback for improvement of the blog on the same e-mail ID.


Photo Gallery : This section will contain the photos of Thakur-Maa-Swamiji and their disciples. Also, we shall include the photos, if available, of the work we do to fulfill Swamiji's mission.

Wednesday 20 March 2013

A Life Blessed by Swami Vivekananda (Part - 2)


In our last post (part 1), we showed only one example to state how Swamiji used to inspire & motivate ordinary people to be a true Karma yogi. But that is only one type of His Blessings where, if He gets any perfect combination of head, heart & hand in a youth, He makes him prepared for His own Mission. There are lots of examples of this Blessing of Him in His well-known biographies; we just showed one of them which are a little bit unfamiliar to most of the readers.

Now, in this part, we shall try to express another type of His Grace through another blessed ordinary person. Coincidentally, this person is also a woman, & her incident is also almost unfamiliar to people. This incident is not only a sum total of facts, but it has to be understood & felt with a devotee’s heart. It shows Swamiji’s another side that whenever we are in utter distress, He is the Best Doctor to cure all of our pains. We all know how He cured Madam Emma Calve, the famous French singer & actress when her daughter died in accident. The following incident proves that even now He is doing the similar thing with people whoever is suffering in His Universe!

This is a true incident, collected from ‘Chandannagar Journal the Institute’ of 1970 (first volume).

(Translated from Bengali):

Cemon Eva, a French woman, wrote her experience:-

“Swamiji appeared in my life through a severe pain. As a University student I read the biography of Vivekananda written by Romain Roland but did not pay much attention to it. Even I had forgotten it later. After that 15 years have been passed; I had to face a dangerous disease, dark shadow of death covered my life, & I went through a critical surgical treatment. I did not know whether I shall survive or not. At that time one of my friends brought me three books of Vivekananda-Rajyoga, Jnanyoga & Bhaktiyoga. The friend told me that these books have Supreme motivational energy which helped to survive!

“Is it true? Within that extreme pain I turned only few pages of Rajyoga, & at once felt bolt from the blue! It seemed to me that windows, roofs, walls-the entire room is rounding! Within that trembling waves my soul shouted with joy, ‘Eureka! I have seen the Truth!’

“I don’t know how long this condition was. One day, my danger was not completely cured till then, I was still fighting at the midpoint of life & death, and suddenly He appeared to me! A blissful appearance! Who is He? Swami Vivekananda? Yes, surely He is! What a Divine Beauty! Holy Light emitted from His body, He had a large flower having a divine smell in His hand, a flower unknown to me, but I realized that it was nothing but Indian Lotus. With that Lotus in His hand Vivekananda smiled like a delightful infant! I burst into anger, ‘What is this, Swamiji? You are smiling!!! See, I’m in my death-bed, my pain knows no end! Still you are smiling? How cruel are you!’ But He continued to smile. His Divine smile mingled with the Lotus flower.

“With extreme anger I was going to turn my face from Him, but suddenly my eyes fell on His body. What is that, that wound? Yes, there was a big wound on His heart which was bleeding continuously, & still, He smiled!

“Then I heard His Divine voice,
 
‘Have no fear! Don’t get disappointed! You are not weak. You must survive! Remember, you have to win this battle! It will bleed, but still we will smile in this world!’”

Dear friends! Try to feel this Voice without Form which was heard by this woman! Is not this the same voice which always speaks to us but we cannot listen to it due to our ignorance? I do believe that Swamiji is always with us, guiding & protecting us, & supplies His Supreme Energy to increase our strength & tolerance. If we can realize it, feel it, we will overcome all our sufferings by His Grace! If our Master can smile in spite of carrying such a wound in His heart then why do we not smile? We must remember that He is carrying all pains of Universe alone, & thus His sufferings are much more than all of us!

He wants to see our smiling faces. Let’s conquer all worldly sorrow & pray to Him to give us more strength.

“Namo Sri Yatirajaya Vivekanandasuraye

Sat-Chit-Sukha-Swarupaya Swamine Taapahaarine!”

O remover of all distresses! Salutations to Thee!

(END)

1 comment:

Thank You For Your Valuable Comments